Disk /dev/hde doesn't contain a valid partition table {Scanned}

SW wppiphoto at wppi.com
Tue Sep 7 15:36:56 UTC 2004

Hi Mike,

> I'm going to take a shot in the dark, and guess that you formatted the
> drive as ext2, instead of ext3.  Try changing the ext3 entry to ext2, and
> remounting.

Ok, I tried that and I get the following warning:

EXT2-fs warning (device ide2(33,0)); ext2_read_super: mounting ext3
filesystem as ext2

Then I tried to mv a 250MB file from the /dev/hde drive to my /home
partition and the server just came to a complete stand still. Server load
was at almost 20 when I stopped the mv task.

> Conversely, you could try "mkfs.ext3 /dev/hde" to format the drive in
> ext3, and try mounting it with your fstab the way it is.

This will destroy all data correct?

        WPPi.com        |        WPPi.Net
  http://www.wppi.com   |  http://www.wppi.net
WPPi.com & WPPi.Net MailScanner Signature
This message has been scanned for viruses
and dangerous content by WPPi MailScanner,
and has been found to be clean.