vsftpd trouble- Erro 530 on the client

Ben Sewell ben_sewell_007 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 8 16:01:05 UTC 2004

Hi,
I am having trouble with vsftpd. It says Error 530 password rejected. The
funny thing is that I have SSH setup and I can login and transfer files via
SSH no problems. Yes, they are on the same machine which completely confuses
me. I am sure I have set it up correctly, but I am open to suggustions.

These are the files as they are now. They are not the actual files but
copies.
http://mosherben.dyndns.org:8080/vsftpd.conf.txt
http://mosherben.dyndns.org:8080/vsftpd.ftpusers.txt
http://mosherben.dyndns.org:8080/vsftpd.user_list.txt
http://mosherben.dyndns.org:8080/passwd

can anyone spot what's wrong? I can't. Also, if anyone knows exactly what to
do, or if its abit complicated then they can email me at
ben_sewell_007 at hotmail.com  and I will provide a temperory root password to
them.

Thanks for your assistance,
Ben