firewall IP as Originating IP for emails

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Thu Sep 9 13:08:31 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-09 at 18:20, Mrs. Geeta Thanu wrote:
> Hi Greshko,
>
> Yah! what you are saying is correct I think.
>
> I will just type the reason given by the domain which rejected our mail
> bala at reametrix.com Permanent error involving remote host.
> 554 5.7.1 The server sending your mail[210.212.212.2] does not have a
> reverse DNS entry.connection rejected.Please conatct your network ISP
> provider.Default reject!
> here the IP 210.212.212.2 is our firewall IP
> and   the mail+web+DNS server IP is 210.212.212.3 which is natted in the
> firewall to a local IP.
>
> Please help me to solve this problem.

You will need to talk with your ISP, it appears to be Sanchar Net, and
ask them about their policy to provide "Reverse DNS" mappings.

Some ISP's will actually delegate a portion of the subnet that you "own"
and allow you run your own DNS server for that range.  So, will put the
entries in their DNS servers for you.

Regards,
Ed

--
"I think the problem, to be quite honest with you, is that you've never
actually known what the question is."

--The computer "Deep Thought" in "Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy"