cups printing permissions

Wayne Pinette Wpinette at cariboo.bc.ca
Fri Sep 10 20:28:07 UTC 2004

I have a question about printing permissions for multiple users/queues
on a server.

I have a machine which will have 2 main groups of users. Groups A and
Groups B.
both groups are for all intents and purposes are shell access and shell
printing. I am using
cups for my print system.  If I have two printers, call them lpqA and
lpqB.  How can I make
it so Group A only has permissions to print to lpqA and Group B only
have permission to
lpqB.  Is there a cool way I can do this? I heard rumor of a
cups.permissions file but
have not found anyhing on it as of yet.  Just wondering, feel free to
slap me
with a flame if it is blatently obvious somewhere.

Wayner