Sound Card - More info

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Wed Sep 15 15:13:57 UTC 2004

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 16:18:37 +0200, Padiyath Sreekumaran wrote:

>    I sent the following mail yesterday.

Why again? Why not reply to more comments from my earlier reply?

> I got some hints of making a sound
> test with sndconfig file as well as kde sound card test. The sound test
>  Works. The loud speaker as well as the sound card works. I put a CD in CD
> Player. I started the KsCD SW. I see a message "No matching freedb entry
> found". The music format is cda. I see in the display of KsCD that the music
> is started and the CD player light is also blinking. But Iam not hearing
> anything through the Loudspeaker.Why I donot get any sound through the
>  loudspeaker.?

As asked before, have you got an audio cable between your CD drive and
your soundcard?

> Whether I should use some other music format? Is there any
> other CD player which can give some more info? Is there any debugging
> facility? My loudspeaker connections are okay since I hear the test.

Doesn't mean much since the sound test is played differently.

> Any idea? I also installed xmms SW with out success.

What does that mean?

  rpm -ivh http://download.fedora.us/fedora/redhat/9/i386/RPMS.testing/xmms-cdread-0.14-0.fdr.2.a.rh90.i386.rpm

would install the experimental xmms-cdread plugin which you can enable
in XMMS' preferences. Better would be to get CD playing plugin from XMMS 1.2.8
or later (www.xmms.org).

--
Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) - Linux 2.6.7-1.494.2.2
loadavg: 1.09 1.04 1.06