Cron Jobs

Mollatt Ntini mntini at mweb.co.zw
Thu Sep 16 07:42:41 UTC 2004

Hello,

Guys I need your help here.I am using RHL 7.3, Dialing up to my ISP who
assigns me a static IP on connection. I am supposed to send an ETRN to my
host server so I can get emails for my domain example.com. For this I wrote
a script which is supposed to send an ETRN and then send emails in the
mailq. My problem is I never seem to get it working in my crontab. Basically
I have a script written which is syncmail and a log file syncmail.log all in
/etc/ppp/*. My script looks like this :

#! /bin/bash
echo Starting the Mail Synchronisation "at: "`date` >> /etc/ppp/syncmail.log
/usr/sbin/sendmail -q
/etc/ppp/etrn -s hostserver.com &>/dev/null

and my cron looks like this:

10 06-18 * * 1-5 /etc/ppp/syncmail
10 06-18/3 * * 0,6 /etc/ppp/syncmail
10 02 * * * /etc/ppp/syncmail

What I want to happen is to be able to collect mail automatically without
having to push for mail manually, the cron is supposed to do that at least
hourly. Any suggestions.

thanx

Molla.