up2date hangs

Bikram Assal bikram.assal at wku.edu
Thu Sep 16 14:06:22 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have seen this happen on couple of occasions where when I run up2date command without using -u flag to update packages that I mention on the commandline for eg: up2date package_name, after it installs to 100% it will just hang there and not come back to the prompt on its own. I had to kill the up2date process in order to do that.

But after I do that, I can no longer run up2date because it hangs and does nothing. After I reboot the server, it works fine.

Would anybody know the possible solution it ?
Can I use up2date without bouncing my machine.
I m running RedHat Enterprise on my machine.

Thanks a lot for your help.

- Bikram