Sendmail SMTP Auth problems (Was IP forwarding: Thanks Mr.Burger/Mr. Stefan)

Steve Phillips steve at focb.co.nz
Mon Sep 20 04:43:43 UTC 2004

Firstly, you should always start up a new thread when posting a different
question to the list and at _least_ change the subject so that it well..
tells people what the subject of your e-mail is.

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004, NV wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sendmail version 8.12.8 was working very well since 18 months.
>
> But as I reinstalled with RH9 and configured with all same configuration the
> part which is not working is SMPT Authentication ??
>
> Is there any bugs ??
>
> The error is 550 DSN SERVICE UNAVAILABLE.

Surther information from the maillogs would be helpful. At first guess you
are probably missing an executable somewhere or the executable that
sendmail is trying to call to auth your username is not in the smrsh list
of allowable executables. This would explain why your config is apparently
correct (the same) yet it is still not working, looking in the maillogs
should explain this error further.

--
Steve.