Mail

Jason Dixon jason at dixongroup.net
Wed Sep 22 20:06:37 UTC 2004

On Sep 22, 2004, at 4:02 PM, Damien Estrada wrote:

> But when i was running under Windows 2000 Advanced Server with the same
> setting i have now ( except new SMTP and POP Servers ) it was working
> great. I have the hopto.org settings to MX gc-site.hopto.org as my
> external mail server. Would me creating a DNS record on my server do
> the
> trick ??

If you've changed SMTP/POP servers, this obviously has an effect on
your mail service.  That's like saying "everything used to work before
I changed all the relevant settings".

Now you're using a mail server which doesn't have the necessary DNS
records configured.  No amount of local configuration is going to save
you until you get your DNS issues sorted out.  I don't really have the
time to walk you through the intricacies of DNS administration;
besides, it's something best left to the experts.  I suggest you
contact your DNS provider (ravy.com?) to resolve this appropriately.

--
Jason Dixon, RHCE
DixonGroup Consulting