xinetd crashes

Zambrano Teran, David dzambrano at royal-holiday.com
Thu Sep 23 18:11:23 UTC 2004

Hello everyone.

I run an app through telnet and there's not other way to do it, my
Server is Red hat AS 3 fully patched, 1 Gb RAM.

The maximum amount of connections to the app is 250 which should not be
considered as stress (I think), but when telnet sessions count 240+ the
xinetd fells without any specific reason.

I set the instances to unlimited in the conf.

#

# Simple configuration file for xinetd

#

# Some defaults, and include /etc/xinetd.d/

defaults

{

        instances               = UNLIMITED

        log_type                = SYSLOG authpriv

        log_on_success          = HOST PID

        log_on_failure          = HOST

        cps                     = 25 30

}

includedir /etc/xinetd.d

But this problem is still happening, any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your kind help

David