Redhat Enterprise and RPM front-end

Benjamin J. Weiss benjamin at Weiss.name
Thu Sep 23 18:54:33 UTC 2004

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, BlurgenStein wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Concerning support, which is best to use for my package management?
> Apt, Up2date, Yum?
> I am getting nuts with all the dependency problems and downloading RPMs
> myself, I'd like to use some RPM frontend.
>
> Tnx,
> Blurg

If you have an actual RH Enterprise system, with an RHN subscription, then
up2date is your friend.  It's already installed and, once you register
your computer with RedHat, it's all configured and ready to go.  In my
experience it works very well.

Ben