Adding users in Kickstart?

Michael Halligan Michael.Halligan at mypointscorp.com
Thu Sep 23 20:33:03 UTC 2004

I'm having a weird problem getting users to add in kickstart properly..

Right after Post I have this  :

/usr/sbin/groupadd -u 1120 michael
/usr/sbin/adduser -u 1120 -g 1120 michael
/usr/bin/chfn -f "Michael T. Halligan" michael

/usr/sbin/usermod -p 'mypasswordstringhere' michael
echo 'michael  (configuration here)' >> /etc/sudoers

then a few more users added that way.

The sudoers entry happens properly, but the users don't get added during the
install. Is there something special I have to do to install users while
kickstarting? I've tried both aduser and useradd.

Michael