problems with netgroups/.rhosts in enterprise WS.

Haim Ashkenazi haim at babysnakes.org
Sat Sep 25 18:45:27 UTC 2004

Hi

A client of mine have a NIS network with many enterprise server 3 +
Solaris machines. he now bought a few machines with enterprise WS 3,
installed them and everything works ok, except the fact that rlogin
doesn't recognize netgroup in '.rhosts'.
If I have in my '~/.rhosts' this entry:
+machinename username
I can connect without password from machiname without a problem. but if I
have an entry like this:
+ at groupname username
I can't connect without password from any of the machines in @groupname.
the same file works without a problem on the enterprise server machines.

'ypcat netgroup' displays the correct netgroups, '/etc/nsswitch' is
exactly like all other machines, and nothing appears in the logs except
'authentication failure' (or something like that).

any ideas?

Bye
--
Haim