Anybody using VMWare? We're thinking of trying it.

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Sep 26 14:30:43 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-26 at 21:16, Benjamin J. Weiss wrote:

> We're thinking of buying VMWare.  I remember seeing messages where folks
> might have had problems.  I'm just wondering if RHEL is a stable platform
> for using WinXP virtual machines in VMWare.

Yes....  I'm using VMWare and as of U2 there have been no problems.
I've got 2GB of real memory on a 2 CPU Xeon system.  Normally I run 1
virtual WinXP as well as another virtual RHEL.  However, I've run at
least 4 VMs at once.  Two WinXP (one English, the other German) and 2
RHELv3.  All of this while running 4 copies of Seti on the real RHELv3.

Regards,
Ed

--
"I think the problem, to be quite honest with you, is that you've never
actually known what the question is."

--The computer "Deep Thought" in "Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy"