Network Configuration

truc nguyen nguyentruc_us at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 27 21:26:13 UTC 2004

Hi,

I installed Red Hat 8.0 on the computer included 2 NIC
card: one of them is 3Com. After installing, the
network card did not work. I try to activate 2 network
card by go to System setting --> Network device
configuration. But they did not work. I found I did
not add the modules to system. I modified alias in
/ect/modules.conf. Then I used insmod to add modules
3C59X. But it tells me an erro message:
/usr/lib/2.4.18-14/devices/net/3C59X: no such a file.

I went to this sub directory. I saw the modules was
there.

Then I try to add the second network driver eepro100.
I met the same problem.

What problem did I encounter when I attempted to add
the modules while they are still exist in the system?
How do I get two network cards activate ?

Any suggestion would be appreciate.

TC./