Upgrading openldap-server package

Ryan Golhar golharam at umdnj.edu
Tue Sep 28 01:53:39 UTC 2004

I recently upgraded the openldap-server package on my ldap server.
After the upgrade (using rpm -Uvh), I noticed that some of the user
accounts were not in the database anymore.  I think they were the
accounts that were created since the last time slapd was restarted (on a
reboot).

When a new user is added to ldap, does slapd not write the data to disk
until its shutdown?  During a previous upgrade of openldap-server, my
whole ldap database was erased and I wasn't sure why...

Anyone else notice anything with upgrading openldap-server?

Ryan