samba and appletalk connections when eth0 is not working

Margaret Doll Margaret_Doll at brown.edu
Tue Sep 28 12:33:27 UTC 2004

My eth0 connection on my system is not working correctly and I can't
afford a new mother board at this time.  I have installed a dev2237
card in the system to take care of the ethernet connections.

ssh, sftp, nfs all work, but samba and appletalk connections are not
working.  I guess that samba and appletalk look to the eth0 connection
by default.  How do I set these applications to look at dev2237?