Booting FC2

Thierry ITTY thierry.itty at besancon.org
Wed Sep 29 10:07:19 UTC 2004

various things I'd try in that case
- change the cd drive
- check bios settings
- move the cd drive to another ide port
- depending on the cd drive model, try a command line boot option to tell
fc2 to use some specific driver or driver option

A 06:29 28/09/2004 -0700, vous avez écrit :
>I've got a box that's on older Penguin Computing PII-700MHz Dual Processor
with 512MB in it.  I can boot any version of Linux (or Windows) except
Fedora Core 2.  When I boot up FC2, weather is from the network boot cd
(preferred method) or install disc one, I hang.

>I get to loading /sbin/loader and I'm toast.  If I do a CTRL-ALT-F3 and
look at the messages, I see:

>* trying to mount CD device hdd
>
>That's the last message; the system hangs there forever.

Bien sûr que je suis perfectionniste !
Mais ne pourrais-je pas l'être mieux ?
	Thierry ITTY
eMail : Thierry.Itty at Besancon.org		FRANCE