Network Configuration

truc nguyen nguyentruc_us at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 29 23:26:17 UTC 2004

Hi,

I go to
/lib/modules/2.4.18-14/kernel/devices/net/3c59x. This
sub directory includes the modules with files *.o.
Then I select a module randomly and type (root user)

insmod
/lib/modules/2.4.18-14/kernel/devices/net/module_name.o

The system tells me as follow
/lib/modules/2.4.18-14/kernel/devices/net/module_name.o:
No such device
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrected
module parameters, including invalid IO or IRO
parameters.

You may find more information in Syslog or the output
from dmesg

I select randomly another modules. And I also met the
same error.

I list the module. I do not find the modules that I
inserted.

What reason could not I insert the modules ?

Thanks,