problem of converting .dbf file into text file

Aman Sharma amansharma at mailshack.com
Thu Sep 30 04:15:38 UTC 2004

Hello friends,
      I am calling you for help because I am facing a serious
problem.    Actually, we have two servers in our concern(one for linux
and one for
Novell). The dbase  package that generates .dbf files is running on
Novell server. We only mount the  generated .dbf files on Linux server.
Now I am to process these .dbf files on Linux. So, I can't use export
feature of  dbase. Now please tell me how to convert this .dbf file on
Linux into text file so that every time the .dbf file is updated the
corresponding text file should be updated automatically. If there is some
solution using script then please provide me that script or guide me how
to generate that script .
      Hoping for early response.
                                                   Aman Sharma