Building a Linux NAS

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Thu Sep 30 18:04:38 UTC 2004

On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 07:39:33AM -0700, Brian McGrew wrote:
> I've been unable to find any information on exactly what I want to do
> so maybe you guys can help!  Our company is kind of small and we can't
> afford megabucks to buy a Dell NAS or SAN do I want to build my own.

Not all NAS or SAN solutions are expensive.  The ATAbaby lists at about
$4K for 1.2TB. http://www.openstore.com/disk-atababy.htm
There are SATA and ATA solutions that are also quite inexpensive.

Rodolfo has a fair bit of experience playing with the low end and DIY
solutions.  Rodolfo, you listening these days?

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA