FC3 and color change

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Sat Apr 2 04:02:55 UTC 2005

On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 08:33:41PM -0600, Mike Klinke wrote:
> On Friday 01 April 2005 19:03, Ed Wilts wrote:
> > Recently, my white backgrounds suddenly became blue.  This
> > problem is weird and I haven't been able to track it down yet...
> >
> > In a konsole session, a "white on black" schema produces white on
> > black. A "black on white" schema gives me black on light blue.
> >
> > The cursor is blue, Firefox gives me blue backgrounds, but if I
> > pop out of X to a console shell, I get a nice white on black
> > display.
> >
> > I've checked my settings in Control Center, and white is supposed
> > to be white.  I created a new user id with a new home directory
> > and the display is still blue.
> >
> > Any ideas?  My FC3 is fully up2date.  I've googled and searched
> > the fedora-list archives but nobody else is reporting this.
> >
> Just a few days ago there was a new xorg-x11 set of packages
> released.  Does this coincide with the symptoms you see?

That's about right.  I don't consider my FC3 box as production as my
server so I wasn't paying as much attention as to when it happened.  I
did update my xorg packages on Tuesday night.

Do you know which of the xorg packages could be the culprit so I know
where to start looking (or backing out?)

Thanks,
        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE