HowTo Re-compile RHEL 4 Kernel

Reuben D. Budiardja techlist at voyager.phys.utk.edu
Sat Apr 2 21:40:42 UTC 2005

Hello,
Does anyone know if there's a step by step HowTo for recompiling kernel that
shipped with RHEL 4 (kernel-2.6.9) ?

I've tried searching the site redhat.com and docs but haven't found anything.
The last time I compile a kernel manually is a while so my skill is very
rusty. Basically what I want is to use the shipped kernel .config, except to
change (enable) one or two options that were not included in the shipped
kernel.
I am not worry about support as my copy of RHEL is academic license, and this
is just for testing purposes (ie. play around with my own desktop).

Thanks for any help and/or pointer.

RDB

--
Reuben D. Budiardja