Using two authentication methods

Saqib.N.Ali at seagate.com Saqib.N.Ali at seagate.com
Tue Apr 5 19:23:54 UTC 2005

WebServer: Apache 2.x
OS: RedHat 4.0 Es

Hello All,

I am running a website  that is accessible by 2 different ports on the
server, i.e. port 5998 and 6998 . Both of these ports based virtual hosts
point to the same DocumentRoot, and present the same content. Port 5998 is
used by internal users, and port 6998 is used by external users.

I want to use two different Authentication mechanism for these 2 ports.

On port 5998, I want the users to authenticate using LDAP, but users coming
through port 6998 should be authenticated using .htpasswd file.

Is this possible?

I understand <Document /path/to/www> </Document> will not work in this
case. Do I need to use <Location /> instead????

Thanks.
Saqib Ali
http://validate.sf.net