No mysql

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sat Apr 9 21:54:59 UTC 2005

Evan Panagiotopoulos wrote:
> Thanks Ed,
>
> I do have var 3 of RH and I will look for the mysql-server rpm. What
> is the "extras" channel?

The easiest way to explain it, since it is 6AM here in Taiwan, is to
have you go to https://rhn.redhat.com/ and login to the Red Hat Network.

On the top line, in red, click on "channels".  This should bring you to
a list of "channels".  One set will be...

Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS (v. 3 for x86)
  Red Hat Application Server 1.0 (WS for i386)
  Red Hat Application Server Beta (WS for i386)
  Red Hat Developer Suite (for WS x86) Beta
  Red Hat Developer Suite 1.0 (for WS x86)
  Red Hat Developer Suite 2.0 (WS for i386)
  Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS (v. 3 for x86) Beta
  Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS (v. 3 for x86) Extras
  Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS (v. 3 for x86) Extras Beta

You want the second one from the bottom....

I think you should be able to find it from their.  Sorry....I should
have known you were not familiar with "up2date" and the concept of
channels.

--
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
fools."

--Ford Prefect in "Mostly Harmless".