Blackhole

Chris Kenward kenwardc at tgis.co.uk
Mon Apr 11 19:41:05 UTC 2005

Hi Tobias

> I was specifically referring to denying outbound connections from
> the webserver.  In my example xterm is connecting to the X-Server,
> which is only possible if the machine is allowed to establish
> connection to the outside.

You know, I've never thought of stopping access to the Internet from the
servers. This is a new thought for me but it does appear to make some sense.
I mean - the server would surely need to be allowed to make SMTP connections
(formmail etc.) to the outside world and I guess one or two others (mind =
blank) but stopping access to the outside would be relatively easy using
firewall.... Hmmmm ... You have me thinking!

Regards
Chris