Managing WinSCP users

Edward Sohn edwardsohn at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 14 05:47:15 UTC 2005

Hello all,

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but I can't seem to readily
find this information...

I want to have my clients use WinSCP to upload/download files securely to my
Linux box.  To do this, I think I need to set up usernames/passwords so that
they can log into their space and upload/download freely.  However, I also
want to make sure they cannot access any other share than the one assigned
to them, including not being able to CD up to the root directory.

So, to summarize, I would like to know:

1. If there is a way to manage user logons in such a way as to create a
secured file space for each user when using WinSCP.
2. Instructions on how to do so simply and effectively.

Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks!

Ed