X question

Mike Klinke mklinke at axsi.com
Fri Apr 22 21:45:54 UTC 2005

On Friday 22 April 2005 14:17, jason.ctr.alburger at faa.gov wrote:
> > Try doing an "ssh -X box_b" .
>
> Nope...doesn't work.
>
> I've tried a few other things since your suggestion....The ssh
> I'm using on box B is compiled from source.  I reinstalled the
> original ssh rpm from the install CDs.  That works...so it looks
> like there's a problem with how I compiled ssh.

The latest Openssh releases changed as regards xforwarding. Have you
tried using the "-Y" switch?  Perhaps this is related to your
problem.

Changes since OpenSSH 3.7.1:

* ssh(1) now uses untrusted cookies for X11-Forwarding.
  Some X11 applications might need full access to the X11 server,
  see ForwardX11Trusted in ssh(1) and xauth(1) for more information.

Regards, Mike Klinke