problem with apache server under RHEL ES4

Bill Tangren bjt at aa.usno.navy.mil
Wed Apr 27 14:13:33 UTC 2005

Hello all,

I used to have an apache server (2.0.40) running under RH9 that had this
directory command:

<Directory "/home/httpd/ServerStats">
         Options FollowSymLinks
         AllowOverride None
         Order deny,allow
         Deny from all
         Allow from 10.1.
         AuthType Basic
         AuthUserFile conf/htpasswd.users
         AuthName "restricted directory"
         require valid-user
         satisfy any
</Directory>

The access authentication using the htpasswd.users worked fine on this
system. I upgraded the system to RHEL ES4, and I copied the above into
the new httpd.conf file. My users no longer have access. This is what
shows up in error_log:

[Wed Apr 27 10:00:37 2005] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] MySQL ERROR:
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

[Wed Apr 27 10:00:37 2005] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] MySQL user test
not found: /restricted/file.html

The problem is, I'm not using MYSQL. I haven't loaded the mod_auth_mysql
library into apache either (though I do have it installed).

Does anyone know why I'm getting this error, and how to fix this?

Thanks!
Bill Tangren