Help with login problem!

Smith, Albert Albert.Smith at genexservices.com
Thu Apr 28 18:15:39 UTC 2005

The first problem to me sounds like a DNS reverse lookup problem.
Normally with telnet and such a reverse lookup occurs to make sure that
the DNS name during the first lookup isn't bogus. Some tcp wrappers
don't like it if the forward and reverse lookup isn't the same.

As for the second problem can you do a traceroute or ping any of the
hosts off your network? If not I would definitly check your DNS settings
and your routing tables.

Albert Smith
Sr. Unix Systems Administrator
HPCSA, RHCT