FC3 and color change

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Sat Apr 2 04:32:01 UTC 2005

On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 07:24:54PM -0800, Pete Nesbitt wrote:
> On Friday 01 April 2005 5:03 pm, Ed Wilts wrote:
> > Recently, my white backgrounds suddenly became blue.  This problem is
> > weird and I haven't been able to track it down yet...
> >
> > In a konsole session, a "white on black" schema produces white on black.
> >   A "black on white" schema gives me black on light blue.
> >
> > The cursor is blue, Firefox gives me blue backgrounds, but if I pop out
> > of X to a console shell, I get a nice white on black display.
> >
> > I've checked my settings in Control Center, and white is supposed to be
> > white.  I created a new user id with a new home directory and the
> > display is still blue.
>
> loose vga cable?

I don't think so.  If it was, then I would not be able to do white on
black.   Most other colors look good - the Red Hat icon is normal, as is
most everything else.   I went through the color palette chooser and
turned off red, green, and blue individually and it always changed color.
This one's weird...

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE