FC3 and color change

Mike Klinke mklinke at axsi.com
Sat Apr 2 04:32:51 UTC 2005

On Friday 01 April 2005 22:02, Ed Wilts wrote:

> > Just a few days ago there was a new xorg-x11 set of packages
> > released.  Does this coincide with the symptoms you see?
>
> That's about right.  I don't consider my FC3 box as production as
> my server so I wasn't paying as much attention as to when it
> happened.  I did update my xorg packages on Tuesday night.
>
> Do you know which of the xorg packages could be the culprit so I
> know where to start looking (or backing out?)
>
> Thanks,
>         .../Ed

It's a real shot in the dark but as the proud owner of an Intel 815
graphics controller I can tell you that my experience with the i810
video driver under xorg-x11 has spawned most of the symptoms you
can imagine and probably some you can't.  If you're going to try
and it back out there's probaly some minimal group of packages that
you'll have to apply rpm's "--oldpackage" switch to.  I did it
early on in the FC3 testing phase and I don't remember for sure but
it seems there was about a half dozen of the xorg-x11* packages
that needed to be changed out at once due to dependencies.

Regards, Mike Klinke