installation of RH9 thru NFS

Shiraz Baig shiraz_baig at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 2 07:49:15 UTC 2005

I created an nfs server. I made a directory
 /linuxdir/.
Then I copied RedHat/ directory from disk1 to this
directory. It made two subdirectories base/ and RPMS/.
Then I took disk2 and disk3 and copied all the RPMS to
the /linuxdir/RedHat/RPMS/.

I also configured nfs on the server and mounted this
directory /linuxdir on another computer, to make sure
that nfs server is running and that the /linuxdir can
be mounted.

Finally, I booted the computer with disk1, on which I
wished to install RH9. On the first screen I gave
"linux askmethod" and chose "nfs image" method. Then I
gave the IP addresses to this machine and also the IP
address of the nfs server, when it was asked.

But it did not install, giving the message "The Linux
tree is not found...."

Could you tell me what other preparations is
necessary. BTW, if I use ftp method, it is working
fine.
bye
shiraz