forwarding logs

Burke, Thomas G. tg.burke at ngc.com
Tue Apr 5 18:08:46 UTC 2005

Yes, I am getting e-mails.  It seems to follow as I said below...  Interesting - if I mail to root, I get the mail, but as I said, it there seemd to be a dependance on having a domain on the address in the scripts.  I did not start getting any mails from cron until I modified its mailto option.  Same with another script.  Seems I saw something about this when looking through sendmail docs, but I don't recall the specifics.

Someone else asked what version - I'm running RH 6.2 with all updates up to, but not including 7.1 releases - kernel 2.2.24...  I've not upgraded, as my ipchains firewall works wonderfully, & I don't have the time to sit down & learn iptables.  Besides, 6.2 has been working great for 5 years or so, now.

    -Tom