SSH2

Burke, Thomas G. tg.burke at ngc.com
Wed Apr 6 12:06:16 UTC 2005

There's a tool called portsentry that works pretty well on some of these things.  You can set up its sensitivity to certain events & it will drop (l)users into hosts.deny and also much your ipchains to drop anything from that source into your bit bucket, so it appears that you just fell off the earth.  Of course, the routes get reset on power cycles & so forth (or in my case, I rerun my firewall script every midnight to flush out all the rules & reload)

    -Tom