using dump

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Wed Apr 6 17:26:43 UTC 2005

On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 12:56:21PM -0400, Burke, Thomas G. wrote:
> Thanks - O am liking what I seen in rsnapshot.org

This really is a sweet little app.  I use it to back up both my Linux
and Windows systems.  The Windows file system is auto-mounted at
rsnapshot time and I'm doing multiple copies per day.  I do get errors
for files in transition, but I'm getting used to ignoring those.  In
general, I get nice easy backups for my wife's desktop without her
having to do anything.  The target directory is served up by samba so
she can do her own restores whenever she wants.  The turnover rate is
low enough that I can keep several months of backups on a hard drive
that's smaller than what she has in her system.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA