Oracle AS on ES 3.0

Stephen Carville stephen at totalflood.com
Thu Apr 7 02:28:32 UTC 2005

I'm having a hell of a time getting Oracle Application Server to work on a
Dell 2850 with Redhat 3.0.  The server claims to have started but emagent is
using about 25% of the processor time and trying to log in on port 1810
hangs.  I can't find anything in any log that tells me why this is happening.

Redhat ES 3.0  -- update 4
Dual Xeon 3400 Mhz w/HT enabled
4G RAM

Controller:  Symbios Logic 53c1030 PCI-X Fusion-MPT Dual Ultra320 SCSI
Disk:	 Fujitsu MAT3147NC (140G)

The puzzling thing is the 1850 right next to it runs fine.  I have an open TAR
with Oracle on it but so far they've been TOBH.

Any ideas?

--
Stephen Carville
Unix and Network Adminstrator