Sendmail doesn't recognize the old users password after migration of RedHat 9 to RedHat Enterprise 3

Salvador Santander Gutiérrez salvador.santander at juntadeandalucia.es
Thu Apr 7 09:58:57 UTC 2005

Hello list.

We've installed a new linux server with RedHat Enterprise 3 and we want to
migrate our old linux server based on RedHat 9
The only problem we've found is, after copying all the mail users from
passwd and shadow files from the old server, in the new server Sendmail
doesn't recognize the old users password. But if we create a user from
webmin or adduser command with the same password, the users can receive and
send mail without problems.

For the migration of sendmail, we've copied the sendmail.cf and sendmail.mc
files.

Anybody can tell me what's the problem?

Is there other way to export users from one server to another?

Than you