Problem while accessing mount drive of Windows 2003

sandeep sandeep at vvdesign.com
Thu Apr 7 11:53:39 UTC 2005

I am having PCQ LINUX 2005 installed.  I want to map Windows 2003 server
shared folders in Linux.

I am able to map and access windows 2003 server shared folder from linux. But
when I try to map shared folders of Windows 2003 (Domain Controller) its gave
error previously which is like following.

Error  cli_negprot: SMB signing is mandatory and we have disabled it.
11445: protocol negotiation failed.  SMB connection failed.

After that I make changes to the Windows 2003 (Domain Controller) that is
following.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmans
erver\pa rameters]  "requiresecuritysignature"=dword:00000000

Now I am able to mount the Shared folder of Windows 2003 Server(DC) in Linux,
but Whenever I trying to access that mount drive its gave
ls : .: Permission Denied

I thought its because of the permission.  But i am mounting through user who
having full access to that folders. but still getting above error.

Pls assist to solve this problem.

Thanx & Regards,
Sandeep S. Choughule