Procmail help

Nitin nitinmehta at kappa.net.in
Fri Apr 8 09:12:53 UTC 2005

Hi,

thanks for your response. i've been searching docs for 2 days and i wasnt
assuming on the code i wrote, but it somehow doesnt seem to work. Can you
have a look at it and tell me whats wrong, if you have a good knowledge of
procmail recepies.

All i want to do is, change the permission of a file created by
/etc/procmailrc (spam mails forwarded to that file). I've tried following
codes:

:0
| chown username "filename"

:0
| my-script (which is a shell scipt and does the same thing)

:0
*
| chown username "filename"

:0
*
| my-script (which is a shell scipt and does the same thing)

None of above works. while the following works:

:0:
chown username "filename"

but it was actually:

:0:
filename

Now, I cudnt either find, how to do both tasks, cuz if it doesnt forward
message, there is no meaning of changing the owner.

Please help me or direct me to somewhere I can find the answer, maybe a list
or website, I'll really appreciate that

Thanks
Nitin