FC 3 Boot Problem

Wiggled Bits wiggledbits at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 03:10:03 UTC 2005

I have searched and maybe I didn't use the right string but I can't seem to
find a solution to this problem.
 I have and am trying to install FC3 on the following
Tyan 1836 Dual PIII 500
512MB ECC
I know as best I can that the media is good. I have used them for a simple
install on a single drive PC.
a mix of 2 IBM 9GB (sda,sdb) and 2 IBM 18GB (sdc, sdd) SCSI drives with
various RAID partitions. I have / raid1 (of course) across the sdc & sdd as
md0. I do not have a /boot partition.
I am using the onboard Adaptec 7895p SCSI controller for the 4 drives.
The machine boots up fine to the point where it says "Searching for boot
recoed from SCSI..OK" and then hang there. I have looked at GRUB and all
looks OK to me. Is there some issue I haven't seen discussed somewhere other
than a general problem with GRUB on FC3 with some hardware setups?
I would of course really like to resolve this and pointers?
 Thanks.