NIS problem

Bjorn Andersen ba at linuxin.dk
Sun Apr 10 18:04:01 UTC 2005

Hi

I have a strange problem in my RHEL4 ES server.

The server is setup as a NIS and NFS server, and all the clients (RHEL4
WS clients) mount their /home's on the server (and another shared
folder /media/export).

The server runs fine, but recently i had to restart the server and found
out that NIS did not start with the server (or started before the NIS
domain was set). I have written in /etc/sysconfig/network:

NETWORKING=yes
HOSTNAME=Servername
NISDOMAIN=Servername.domainname

I have configured ypbind, yppasswdd, ypserv and ypxfrd to start when the
server boots. I used Webmin.

How can i be sure that the NIS domain name is set BEFORE the NIS servers
starts?

Regards
Bjorn Andersen