Control Panel

Chris redhat-list at dotcomdesigners.com
Sun Apr 10 23:08:09 UTC 2005

> Had a look at cPanel while waiting for the Email and realise
> it's expensive at $1250 or similar. Is there anything out
> there that does a similar job but a little cheaper.

Sure.  Have a look at Plesk and Ensim web control panels.  Very much like
cPanel, they are geared for ISPs for offering their hosting clients web
based access to manage their web sites, email accounts, FTP, passwords,
mySQL, and so on.  cPanel is one of the more expensive options out there
(and in my *personal* opinion a rather poor option), while Plesk and Ensim
are much less expensive yet offer more flexibility and better server
management.  We use both so it's hard for me to recommend one over the
other, they both have pluses and minuses.  Where one excels, the other one
is less then perfect, and vice versa, so try both (both offer free trial
demos) after you narrow down your client's specific needs.

Chris