Control Panel

Chris Kenward kenwardc at tgis.co.uk
Sun Apr 10 23:47:35 UTC 2005

Hi Steve

> 1.  Top posting is when you post your reply on top of the email
>     instead of at the bottom like I am doing here.

THANK YOU - that's the kind of response I would have appreciated. I now
understand what it means and why people prefer it to the quoted message
being at the bottom. Personally - I don't care which way it looks as long as
I get the message across but each to their own I guess.

> 2.  Yes, Cpanel ( http://www.cpanel.net ) is expensive depending
>     on how you look at it.  I have several servers with Ensim
>     (http://www.ensim.com) on them and webmin (http://www.webmin.com).
>     Ensim is not free either.  Webmin is...under GPL I believe.

Many thanks for that. I'll certainly look at both. I'm probably going to
have to build myself a test server to play with because there's no way I'm
installing the trial stuff on one of the productions servers.

> My suggestion on that is to not have more than one control panel
> software on your server unless you really REALLY know what you are
> doing.

Thanks for that - and thanks for the reply. I'll go do some homework, both
with the looking at the trial stuff and with the customer.

All tbe best
Chris