Blackhole

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Mon Apr 11 19:30:49 UTC 2005

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 08:19:37PM +0100, Chris Kenward wrote:
> Thanks for that... As an example, and if I wanted to remove gcc (knowing I
> can install it on demand using up2date at any time) how would I do that from
> the command line?

When you installed it via up2date, it gave you a list of all the other
packages that it pulled in at the same time to satisfy dependencies.
Remove all of that at the same time.

# rpm -e gcc libgcc ...

and then update the RHN database so your next up2date doesn't
automatically pull down the updates again:

# up2date -u

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA