ast-ksh Memory fault

David.Knight at clubcorp.com David.Knight at clubcorp.com
Tue Apr 12 15:28:40 UTC 2005

All,
        I am trying to install the ask-ksh (at&t ksh93) from binary. I
have preformed the install notes @http://www.research.att.com/sw/download/
 exactly several times on 3 systems (RedHat ES 3). After install I add the
/usr/local/bin/ksh line to the /etc/shells. I can successfully run the
shell, run scripts/etc however during testing I created a script with the
SUID (4755) bit set. The script is called test.ksh and the only thing the
it does is run the `id` command. The script produces a Memory fault and
craps out. however if I run the script with "/usr/local/bin/ksh test.ksh"
OR "/bin/ksh test.ksh" it works great or if I set the #!/usr/local/bin/ksh
OR #!/bin/ksh  at the top of the script it works great. ((/bin/ksh is
really pdksh)(/usr/local/bin/ksh is ksh93)).
now this is only true if my current shell is /usr/local/bin/ksh (ksh93) if
it is /bin/ksh (pdksh) the problem is not there.

Any help with this would be great!

Thanks in Advance,
David Knight