ps shows wierd clock time values ?

Ben Russo ben at muppethouse.com
Tue Apr 12 17:32:37 UTC 2005

Burke, Thomas G. wrote:
> to prevent clock skewing, sync with NIST's time servers...  As for the rest, I dunno.
>
>     -Tom

Our external (DMZ) name servers (the 208.224.248...) servers are NTP
clients of public stratum 1 time servers, which makes them stratum 2.
Then our internal DMZ name servers (the 172.17...) servers are stratum 3.

All of our (hundreds) internal servers are NTP clients of our own
internal name servers. So I think that makes our internal boxes stratum 4.

But we are running NTP, and we don't have any problems with the "date"
command showing the wrong time.  And NTP doesn't report any errors on
our systems.

-Ben.