backup the entire server

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Wed Apr 13 21:00:07 UTC 2005

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 04:22:25PM -0400, Gentian Hila wrote:
> I have database server Informix running on RedHat and I am looking for
> a script that backs up the entire server to hard drive. Not just the
> DB but everything, including db as well. I need to compress the files
> as well.
>
> Or any free utility or program would be great as well.

http://www.mondorescue.org.  It can back up to CD, DVD, or on-disk ISOs.
It includes everything it needs to do a DR restore.

You are responsible for making sure the database is recoverable from
that point though - make sure it's in hot or cold backup mode or
whatever it is that Informix has (I don't pretend to be a DBA).

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org