Firewall/routing help

Jeff jeff at virgin.net
Wed Apr 13 21:36:44 UTC 2005

Hi All,

Ive managed to get my bluetooth NAP working but im having a few probs
getting the xp client to connect to the outside world and the 192.0.0.*
network. Im sure its the way Ive got my LAN setup but dont know a better
way.

Here's a link to my network setup - its a bit complicated to explain ;)

http://freespace.virgin.net/jeff.sault/network.png

The laptop can communicate with 10.0.0.1 but nothing else. Ive already
tried the following rules on the 10.0.0.1 box...

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 10.0.0.1/255.255.255.255 -o eth0 -j
MASQUERADE

Is there an easier way to set this up? I tried configuring the laptop to
use 192.168.0.5 but it still didn't work, I suspect the routing is
causing the prob.

As you can probably tell, I'm not much of a network guru so keep it
simple ;)

Thanks
Jeff