Problem installing on Mother board

Wayne Pinette Wpinette at tru.ca
Thu Apr 14 16:23:39 UTC 2005

Ok, I have a goofy problem here whcih I have never seen before.

We are trying to install Redhat version 9.0 on the following hardware :

Intel D850GB
- P4 1.5GHz CPU
- 384MB RDRam

It has both a dvd rom and cd rom drive.

When we install with either bootable dvd or bootable cd  After the
install, we get a giant list of rdbm errors (which tell me
it's not writing to disk properly) and upon bootup up, grub loads fine,
but then claims it can't find vmlinuz.  Vmlinux is there,
it's just corrupted.

We have two identical machines of this makeup and both give the same
error.  We have swapped out 3 seperate 40 gig hard drives,
we have changed all the ribbon cables, I even tried squeezing my
stuffed penguin 3 times before installing :-).

My question is, is there a known issue with this hardware or has anyone
seen this behaviour installing Redhat before? (I have not).

Wayner